1st AAAE Conference
AAAE conducts its flagship triennial conferences -- held in rotation -- around East, West, South, North and central Africa cities. The meetings typically attract about 500 delegates from around the world. At the conferences, professionals and students in the field of agricultural and applied economics have the opportunity to present their researches, learn about the latest trends, interact and network with other delegates. A series of smaller Inter-conference conventions are in the pipeline to be held annually at various locations in Africa. Our members participate also in a wide range of other conferences around the world.
The Inaugural Symposium, 6 - 8 December 2004, Nairobi, Kenya
Theme: “Shaping the future of African Agriculture for Development: The Role of Social Scientists.”
The inaugural symposium attracted over 150 delegates. The attendance was considered successful given that the association was hardly registered. This demonstrated the great interest agricultural economists and other social scientists had in this budding association. The sub-themes discussed were:
- Agricultural Development Initiatives in Africa
- Meeting Africa’s Agricultural Developmental Challenges
- Advancing Technical Change in African Agriculture: Public Policy Issues and Strategic Choices
- Improved Markets for African Farmers
- Meeting Africa’s Food Security and Development Challenges
- Meeting Africa’s Food and Nutrition Challenges
- Agriculture, Environment and Sustainable Development
- The Role of Agriculture in the Development Process and Expanding Frontiers for Agricultural Economics
- The Role of Agriculture in the Development Process: Recent Experiences from Africa
- Expanding the Frontiers of Agricultural Economics to Meet Future Challenges of Agricultural Development
Over 200 conference proceedings booklets were published and widely distributed to members and to several other organizations. Professor Willis Oluoch-Kosura – an honorary Distinguished Fellow of the AAAE -- was elected as the 1st President of the Association. The funding for this conference came from the Rockefeller Foundation, International Development Research Centre, International Food Policy Research Institute, International Association of Agricultural Economists and Food and Agriculture Organization
2015 Agricultural Economics Conference (AEC) 24-26 May, 2015. Beijing, China.
Food in the Bio-based Economy – Sustainable Provision and Access 27–29 May 2015, Hotel de Wageningsche Berg, Wageningen, the Netherlands. Call for papers
The 4th International Agricultural Risk, Finance, and Insurance Conference (IARFIC). 7-9 June, 2015, Washington, D.C., USA.
2nd Annual International Conference on Agriculture and Forestry 2015. 10-12 June 2015, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
4th Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA) Conference, Ancona, 11-12 June, 2015
2nd International Conference on Advances in Environment, Agriculture Medical Sciences (ICAEAM'15), 11-12 June, 2015, Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa, Antalya, Turkey.
4th International Conference on Agriculture and Horticulture. “Enhancing Modern and Sustainable Agricultural Practices.” 13-15 July, 2015, Beijing, China
International Conference on Advances in Agricultural, Biological & Environmental Sciences (AABES-2015). 22-23 July, 2015, London, UK.
29th International Conference of Agricultural Economics (ICAE). Theme: Agriculture in an Interconnected World. August 8-14, 2015, Milan, Italy.
2nd International Conference on Agriculture, Environment and Biological Sciences (ICAEBS'15), 16-17 August, 2015, Bali, Indonesia.
Sustainable Agriculture Conference, 6-8 November 2015, Durham, NC, USA.
7th International Conference on Coexistence between Genetically Modified (GM) and non-GM based Agricultural Supply Chains. 17-20 November, 2015. Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Contested Agronomy 2016: Dynamics, Cases and Implications. 23-25 February, 2016. Institute of Development Studies, Brighton, UK.
The 15th EAAE Congress. August 28th to September 1st 2017, Parma (Italy).
Our Past Conferences
- The 4th AAAE Conference, 22-25 September 2013, Hammamet - Tunisia.
- The 3rd AAAE Conference, 19-23 September 2010, Cape Town - South Africa
- The 2nd AAAE Conference, 20-22 August 2007, Accra – Ghana
- The Inaugural Symposium, 6-8 December 2004, Nairobi – Kenya